Welcome to DATA606!
Welcome to DATA606! Your instructors will be Dr. Jason Bryer and Dr. Angela Lui. Couple of important notes as you get started:
- The course syllabus located here: https://fall2021.data606.net/course-overview. We will post all course materials there. Blackboard will be used primarily for submitting assignments. Please read the syllabus carefully! Send us any questions you may still have about the course.
- Complete this Google Form as soon as possible. We will use some of the data (in aggregate) in the meetup.
- Join the Slack channel by clicking here. This will be our primary mode of communication. For private communications, you can either send private Slack messages or email us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you go through the syllabus, try starting Lab 1 as soon as you can. This will require you to install R and RStudio and will help get you get acquainted with R. See the software page for more information about the software we will use for this course.
- The best way to reach us is on Slack. If you would prefer to talk on the phone or setup a Zoom session, it is best to suggest some times by email first.
- Our Meetups will be on Wednesdays from 8:30pm to 9:30pm. We expect everyone to attend or watch the Meetups. Important information will be shared during the meetups that will not be available in any other format.
- We am looking forward to getting to know everyone and a fantastic semester! Good luck!